“Honoring Homeopathy“, an article recently published by US Journal Dermatology Times (Oct 2012) discusses favourably how individualised Homeopathic treatment can help with skin challenges in a safe and effective way.
“For common dermatologic conditions such as acne, warts and eczema, classic individualized homeopathic medicine can provide a safe, inexpensive and non toxic alternative or adjunctive treatment……
We should be proud of what we can do with conventional dermatology, but homeopathic medicine can help sometimes when we have patients who don’t seem to be getting better with the best conventional medicine…..
Three studies have suggested that classic homeopathic medicine can help reduce utilization of the usual conventional dermatological therapies that we prescribe”, said Dr Robert J Signore.
[Dermatology Times October 2012 P 35 and 37].
In the treatment of skin conditions in homeopathy, all prescriptions are individualised whether it be for dermatitis, psoriasis, allergy rashes, acne or eczema. We look at how the skin condition affects the person physically and emotionally, how it restricts their life and we also include an overview of the person’s general health and family history. A remedy is prescribed using the minimum amount of stimulus to provoke a healing response allowing the body to resolve the internal disorder.
Let’s look at a case of a person suffering with eczema. To help prescribe a suitable remedy, a homeopath wants to know:
1. The effects and influences such as air, exertion, heat, work, seasons, touch, sleep, perspiration and foods on the skin.
2. The character of the eruption. It is dry, moist, discharging, bloody, sticky, watery or offensive. Are the cracks/ fissures superficial or deep and bloody?
3. Sensations felt in the skin – is it burning, itching, prickling, stinging or crawling for example?
4. Location of the eruption – is it restricted to one area or many parts of the body? For example it may be located only behind the ears or in the bends of the joints. Or is it a bilateral symmetric eruption where the eczema occurs on both sides of the body at the same time?
5. What is the emotional response when the skin is at its worst and how does the person deal with the condition on a day to day basis?
6. The cause of the skin condition where known, when it started or what preceded it, is key in Homeopathy. For example the condition happened after a grief, after an illness or a few weeks after birth, will help the prescriber to find a closer fitting remedy for the person’s condition.
Treatment of skin conditions is a process and length of treatment varies from person to person.
Homeopathy can be safely used by both young and old. It is also suitable for use by vulnerable groups such as babies and pregnant mums.
I took my 11 month old baby to Eileen after trying all types of creams for her eczema which started when she was 4 weeks old.
I’d been back & forth to my doctor which resulted in prescription of steroid creams. These were only a temporary solution to the problem and to be honest I didn’t want to be constantly using a steroid on her skin. She had eczema on her upper legs, upper arms, tummy & back. She wasn’t a very good sleeper at night and some nights I could see her squirming in her cot trying to get some relief from the itching which would wake her.
After 2-3 weeks of being on her homeopathy medicine I could see a huge difference & the itch didn’t seem to be so bad. In turn she was able to enjoy better quality sleep during the night which led to a happier baby and mammy during the day.
In less than 3 months her eczema was gone. Now one year on her skin is still fully cleared & we haven’t looked back.
I would highly recommend Eileen to friends & family.
Pauline – Templeogue, Dublin 6
Eileen Scullion, Registered Homeopath on LicISH ISHom with the Irish Society of Homeopaths
Tel: 086-0891037 Email: email@example.com
Consultations available: Dublin, Ireland & Worldwide Via Video Call
Eileen Scullion of Homeopathy-Healing is a Registered Homeopath LicISH ISHom with the Irish Society of Homeopaths (The Regulatory Body for the Homeopathic Profession which is recognized by the Department of Health and Children and works on the National Working Group towards an integrated Health System).